Dental implants are used to replace lost teeth. This surgical procedure fully restores aesthetic and chewing functions. A dental implant is an artificial tooth that are surgically placed into the jawbone.
An artificial tooth consists of three parts:
- a titanium alloy screw (an implant itself);
- an abutment (a support structure between the implant and the crown imitating a tooth);
- a crown (porcelain fused to metal crowns or crowns made of the material at the patient’s choice).
So when the implant treatment is carried out, its cost includes the cost of each element of an artificial tooth, supplies price, and fees of an implant surgeon, a prosthodontist, and a lab technician. Implants have various shapes (root-form, plate-form, combined, etc.). The choice of a certain implant depends on each patient’s case, the condition of the jawbone.
Dental Implants in Belarus
Dental implants are an expensive procedure. Today, it is price-wise to go for dental implants to Belarus. Minsk is a dental tourist destination for visitors not only from Russia but also from many European countries. What makes dental implants in Belarus so attractive for foreign tourists? The prices for the ‘turnkey’ full-circle implant procedure is affordable and same for Belarusian citizens and visitors.
The cost is individually calculated for each patient, depending on the treatment plant he or she needs. We offer absolutely transparent prices. Each customer can find a detailed list of the procedures and materials required in their bill. The cost of dental implants in Belarus is calculated according to the actual price list at the time of treatment.
Advantages of Dental Implants Vs Bridges/Dentures
The need for dental implants is conditioned by the unpleasant consequences of tooth loss. The first one is faster wear and deformation of the adjacent teeth due to the increased load. Secondly, the jawbone dissolves due to lack of load, and, as a result, reduced blood and nutrient supply. The consequences of several teeth loss can be particularly unpleasant.
Dentures and bridges are cheaper than dental implants but they have a number of disadvantages. The advantages of dental implants are
- the load of the implant to the bone prevents bone atrophy and "dissolving";
- bridgework requires filing down healthy teeth serving as abutments, which creates an additional load to them in the future. This leads to the premature loosening and wear of abutment teeth. And implants do not have such a problem;
- you don’t need denture adhesives, special care; there is no risk of denture clogging with food particles and falling out because a denture is poorly fixed.
Stages of Dental Implant Treatment
Before the surgery, the patient needs to have a thorough examination for endocrine and infectious diseases and have a panoramic x-ray taken to assess the anatomical structure and possible defects of the jaw. Regardless of the selected treatment technology, the sequence of stages is identical:
- preparation - professional teeth cleaning, full-mouth debridement, removal of plaque, tartar, and inflammation sources (caries and its complications, oral mucosal diseases, periodontitis), loose teeth extraction;
- bone grafting if necessary (in case of bone atrophy due to tooth loss);
- placement of dental implant – under anesthesia.
- healing stage – bonding with the bone (3-6 months);
- permanent prosthesis attachment to the implant.
The range of advanced materials and structures is quite wide so the cost of dental implant treatment in Belarus can vary significantly.